Expert Witness, Forensic Accounting & Mediation Service
SKN Chartered Accountants have a wealth of experience in dealing with the quantification of claims, acting in disputes and translating complex information into meaningful reports
Our Managing Director Shalim Uddin BA(Econ), Cert PFS, Cert CII(MP), MEWI, ACA heads our Expert Witness, Forensic Accounting and Mediation Service. He has worked for over 13 years in accountancy, tax planning, financial services and business advisory services and helped to co-found SKN Chartered Accountants.
Shalim is a member of the Expert Witness Institute (EWI). As such, Shalim has the knowledge and expertise of preparing expert witness reports under the Civil and Criminal Procedure Rules. Over the years he has worked with different clients ranging from solicitors, barristers to individuals providing expert opinion in the following areas;
- Earnings and dependency loss reports in respect of claims involving a broad variety of businesses. These frequently involve situations where the relevant business was in a start-up, growth or decline phase.
- Reports on consequential loss arising from a variety of events from business interruption to professional negligence.
- Shareholder and partnership disputes and warranty claims.
- Disputed share or business valuations.
- Other types of matters including tax investigations.
- Matrimonial Disputes. We provide independent and objective advice in the financial aspects of matrimonial disputes. We act for Applicants and Respondents or as jointly appointed experts.
SKN also offer mediation services to resolve disputes, by meeting with the disputants and facilitating face to face meetings. SKN can offer a structured dispute resolution process as an impartial third party entity. This will ultimately assist in providing a platform to reach a mutually acceptable agreement, avoiding lengthy, disruptive and expensive representation.
To contact Shalim please call our free phone line 0800 612 3371 or click here to send him an email.
- RTI Round Up
- Sleeping Partners and NI
- Beware Pension Liberation
- Do Not Rely on HMRC VAT Advice
- May Question and Answer Section
- May Key Tax Dates